Welcome to the All Things Altered Halloween and Fall Blog Hop 2013!!! I love being a part of thee hops that Pam Bray so lovingly organizes each season. She is a real altering dynamo! Here's the lineup of fabbloggers she has gathered together for this Fall inspired round:
2. Christine www.scrapbookingtechnique.blogspot.com
3. Barbara – http://blackholeartstudio.blogspot.com
4. Jessica – http://thatzuneek.blogspot.com/
5. CandianNickel – http://canadiannickelscrapn.blogspot.ca/
6. Gloria – http://www.gloriascraps.blogspot.com/
7. Jennifer Priest – http://hydrangeahippo.com/blog YOU ARE HERE
8. Pinky – www.blueyecicle.blogspot.com GO HERE NEXT
9. Irit – http://iritshalom.blogspot.com/
10. Betty- http://simplybettystamps.blogspot.com/
11. Eileen http://eileenhull.blogspot.com
Today I am sharing a few oldies but goodies! This fun yarn wreath featuresClear Scraps' Mini Ghost and Mini Bat Albums as well as their Pennants Embellishments – I hung this wreath indoors this year, along with a collection of spooky looking candles!
I love love love googly eyes!! Perfect for Halloween :) I inked the Pennant Embellishments with a solvent-based ink, string them together with tiny ric rac and then splattered them with white acrylic paint.
I then hung one of the Bat shapes and the Ghost shapes from ribbon. I embellished them with clear American Crafts stickers, Staz-On ink, and more googly eyes!
- Yarn – Red Heart
- Acrylic Shapes – Clear Scraps
- Ribbons – Close to My Heart, May Arts, http://hydrangeahippo.etsy.com
- Stickers – American Crafts
- Solvent Based Ink
- Paint – Delta
- Feathers, Green Stick Pin – http://hydrangeahippo.etsy.com
- Gray Stick Pin – Maya Road
- Wreath Base, Googly Eyes – Joann's
The next “oldie but goodie” is this door hanger for Halloween using the Crafter's Workshop Summer 6×6 Template and 6×6 Mini Chevron Template, Smooch Accent Ink, Glitter, and Smooch Spritz from Clearsnap, and a Door Hanger from Magisitical Memories. It is supposed to be for Halloween but Katie actually has it hanging on the door in her room, year-round…
Here's how I created this door hanger:
First I laid the Mini Chevrons Template on a wide pruple ribbon and sprayed it with Smooch Spritz in Silver Foil. This put a cool, spooky pattern on the ribbon! I moved the template down and did 6″ sections of the ribbon at one time. Since Smooch Spritz dries super fast, I could immediately tie the ribbon into a large bow.I painted the Door Hanger with a mix of cream, white, and black paint. Then I laid the Summer template onto the Door Hanger and sprayed it with Smooch Spritz in Silver Foil to get an out line of Summer. I then painted the face with cream paint and lips with Smooch Accent Ink in Siren. I then laid the Summer template back onto the image and painted over it with black, to make the outline of Summer stand out. I added white accents to her eyes with a Uni-Ball Signo pen.I then added the letter stickers. I painted the tops of the the white American Crafts Foam letters with Glue Gloss and then sprinkled on some Clearsnap Glitter in purple. I added the bow with hot glue and voila – a spooky door hanger!
- Smooch Spritz in Silver Foil, Smooch Accent Ink in Siren, Glitter, Glue Gloss – Clearsnap
- Summer 6×6 Template, 6×6 Mini Chevron Template – The Crafter's Workshop
- Door Hanger – Magisitical Memories
- Paint – Making Memories and Plaid
- Ribbon – Offray
- Pen- Uni-Ball Signo
- Alpha Stickers – October Afternoon, American Crafts (Foam)
And finally, an altered skull mdf wood form that I made into a sugar skull!
A little glitter, some paint, sequin trim from our etsy shop, a few doodles, and there ya go!
This would be great as a Halloween decoration or in a teen's room year-round! Don't forget to finish hopping through to all of the blogs….and enter to win a little giveaway I am having for one of my A Frightful Night Mini Book Kits!
I hope you enjoyed today's post! Please leave a comment and follow Hydrangea Hippo using the social media buttons below this post or over in the sidebar. Let's chat about crafts!