This is DAY 5 of the Hop.
Dec 16th – Day 5
Jennifer Priest — http://hydrangeahippo.blogspot.com
Donna Salazar — http://donnasalazar.typepad.com/
I created this layout about our 2010 ornament shopping trip from last week using the Spellbinders Grand Caliber Diecutting System, Donna Salazar's new “Antiquities” paper line, Clearsnap's Smooch Spritz and Colorbox Fluid Chalk Inks, and several Spellbinders dies.
- DieCutting System – Spellbinders Paper Arts
- Paper – Donna Salazar Designs Antiquities and Trunk In the Attic lines
- Dies – Spellbinders Nestabilities 2010 Heirloom Ornament S4-283 and Spellbinders Nestabilities Classic Diamonds S4-288
- Inks – Clearsnap Smooch Spritz in Gold Glow and Smooch Spritz by Donna Salazar in Pralines N Cream, Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink in Chesnut Roan and Creamy Brown
- Gold Cord- Michael's
- Gold Paper, Foam Adhesive, Gold Glitter Brads – American Crafts
- Stamps and Acrylic Blocks – Donna Salazar Designs
- Punches – Martha Stewart, EK Success
- Alpha Stickers – October Afternoon
- Pen – EK Success
- Cardstock – Bazzill
Using the Weathered Winter Music stamp to stamp music notes on to the Antiquities paper.
Be careful to avoid inking the holly leaves on the stamp so that you only get the music pattern when stamping the music.
Use the 3 largest Heirloom Ornament dies to cut 3 ornaments from Donna's Trunk In the Attic paper line using the Grand Caliber.
Then use the Grand Caliber to emboss the ornaments, using the Pink Embossing plate and Tan Embossing Mat — these come with the Grand Caliber machine!
Ink the edges of the Ornaments with Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink in Creamy Brown.
Using scotch tape, position the diamond dies in the center of each ornament. Run through the Grand Caliber to cut out the centers of each ornament. Ink the centers with Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink in Creamy Brown.
Add the Ornaments to the page with 3D Foam Adhesive. Add gold cord tied in bow to the top of each ornament. Use a scrap of paper to sandwich the cord to the back of the layout to make the ornaments “hang”.
Punch out shapes from the Gold Paper and add to the centers of the ornaments.
If you don't have a Color Catcher or you are spraying a large item, like and entire layout as I did here, then you can use a box to catch the over-spray from any spray inks you are using.
Spray the entire page with Smooch Spritz in Gold Glow. To balance out the pink in the flower on the right hand side of the paper, add a bit of Smooch Spritz by Donna Salazar in Pralines N Cream to the left side of the paper. Allow to dry.
Punch some punched paper pine sprigs and add to the ornaments.
Add a photo, title, and journaling spot to finish off the page. I added a couple gold brads to tie it all together. I like to add some elements to the layout after spraying it with Smooch Spritz to get a contrast between the matte unsprayed paper and the shine of the sprayed papers.