Looking for the KoolTak Blog Hop with Designer Crafts Connection? Check here:
1. Crafted at the Port of LA: Want to go handmade this holiday season? Need a unique gift that will be cherished forever? This is the place to go. Open every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday in San Pedro, CA — check website for hours. And don't forget to stop by the Hydrangea Hippo booth while you're there! We're in A140.
2. I promised a while back to show you my little technique for making leaves from scrap paper.
Gather some scrap paper, a scoring board or tool (optional), and circle paper punches. Fold the paper in half, with a nice sharp crease. A Scor-It works really well for doing this!
Using a circle punch punch partial circles along the creased edge of the paper. You’ll want to have the paper only about ¼ of the way into the punch. The closer you get to having the paper halfway in the more likely you will have a circle when you unfold the punched paper.
For larger leaves use a larger diameter punch and for smaller leaves use a small diameter punch.
You can also try scalloped, pinked, or other decorative edged circle punches to make more interesting leaves. Try punching colored paper to make flower petals!
3. Tissue paper flowers. Zakka Life shares a fun tutorial on making these—they are soooooo pretty! http://zakkalife.blogspot.com/2009/06/how-to-tiny-delicate-tissue-flowers.html
4. My Fonts. Try, find, and buy fonts. Great if you have the QK Silhouette!!
5. Try these free preschool crafts: http://www.freepreschoolcrafts.com/. They don't have to be just for your preschooler. Kick it up a notch by making these projects from fabric so they can act as home decor items.
One thought on “Five Friday – Five Fun Things”
Wonderful leaf tutorial. Thank U