I know I get really caught up in decorating and start spending all kinds of money I don't have (eeek!) or should be using for other things…. with all these fab blogs out there showing this that and the other awesome gorgeous magazine ready decor, well, it is kind of hard to measure up without spending $100s like they are!
Well, think twice about the rules! Last year I made my Halloween centerpiece display for my table using Epiphany Crafts tools and fake pumpkins:
This year, I went a totally different route with a different color scheme:
- Lay two pieces of Spooky Cloth across the center of the table as a “runner”.
- Arrange 3 Pillar candle holders on the cloth, evenly spaced. The color of these does not matter — I am using BLUE ones from Ikea!
- Add two more home decor items that match your candle holders–I used two metal dress forms I got from Home Goods a couple years ago, also blue.
- Wrap 3 empty Coke or beer bottles with yarn or fabric in a color that is spooky (think orange, black, purple, green) but that also matches your candle holders. I chose lime green.
- Embellish the bottles with googly eyes if desired.
- Insert plain white taper candles into the bottles. If the candle does not fit, shave it down with a knife or scissors. A 3 pack of candles is 99 cents at 99 Cents Only Stores!
- Wrap the candles with electrical or washi tape to make stripes. I have been sitting on this washi tape for months–now to finally use it!
- Add a fallen branch or twigs or flowers from a dried flower arrangement. I got this branch from a floral supply store for $5 at a discount because it was broken.
- Add some of your mini scrapbooks to the display to give people something to look at.
- Add some more candles if you like.
- Top the candle holders with other decor items, mini pumpkins, fake pumpkins or whatever other spooky stuff you have around your house.
- Add a few stray plastic spiders tot he spooky cloth and around the arrangement.
- Branch $5
- Spooky Cloth $1.98
- Fake Spiders $0.99
- Taper Candles $0.99
- Candle Holders, Pillar Candles, Dress Forms, Washi Tape, fake pumpkins, googly eyes, yarn, fabric, mini books $0 (from my stash)