Means “No Shopping Challenge”!!! Yes, I am really in one, hosted by the wonderful Cindy of WhoGAS. No, I have not stopped spending–we are allowed to buy certain things, like organizing doodads and adhesives. Plus I am still buying class stuff. The biggest thing I want to get out of this challenge is to take some time away from gazing at the shelves in a store to gazing at my own shelves and in my own drawers to assess my “collection”.
Cindy really makes it about organizing, advising that we need to think of things in terms of if we will ever use them–how much “in love” with something am I? That will determine whether or not I need to keep it.
For me, some things just aren't going to get sorted as I would like right now–this challenge is only a month long! LOL But I am going to try to change some things in the interest of making stuff easier to use. That's why I bought it, right? To use it? What a concept?!?! LOL
Here are my goals (some are new, some are old):
- Find those stupid black stickers I bought at Scrapbook Oasis like 3 months ago–arrggghhh it so bugs me that I can't find these $1.99 stickers….( I found the ruler & the doodling templates)
- Re-org the chipboard letters. I'm moving the foam alphas back to a drawer. That will free up 36 mini drawers in which I will org all my alphas, numbers, and punctuation. I can't wait to see it all in action!!
- Purge the sticker collection-I managed to fit almost all of it onto a Clip It Up (with top extension) tonight plus one large ziploc of extra stickers. It was all in a HUGE rubbermaid tub before…some progress has been made. (Goal for Week One) COMPLETED
- Use the stickers in that big Ziploc to make page kits or just use them up
- Re-org all my drawers (already sorted by color) so they are more user friendly. And Matt has thrashed them.
- Go through my page kits and scrap–I have page kits that have been in there for a couple of years–they need to get done so I can make new ones to scrap new pics.
- Pakc and label all the purge stuff to go in the Yard Sale at the Scrapping Lounge on April 19th–I can't wait to get it all out the door!
Off to crop tomorrow, here! I am so excited the WhoGAS crew is coming up to the High Desert this month. We'll take a little field trip to Scrapbook Blvd if everyone is up for it and hopefully we'll get a ton of pages done. Xaver is making carne asada too…yummy!
Here are my BEFORE pics: