I love to have a stash of thank you cards on hand. The best way to make them is to just sit down with a stack of card bases and a bag of scraps and go to town. I love to do this at crops.
Recently I was able to just sit down at my scrap table and crank out some cards that I needed to send. Just 3 sheets of Basic Grey paper, 2 Epiphany Crafts Shape Studios to make my own buttons and embellies from scrap paper, a bit of twine, some Smooch Spritz in Gingersnap, and a pile of odds and ends (that I was too lazy to put away) contributed to this series of thank you cards in about an hour:
The best thing about Smooch Spritz is that it can make anything match, whether it “goes together” or not. A little spritz across the fronts of the cards after assembly and it all makes sense. I also love the distressed look of a “smooched” project. Divine!
These cards are simple and to the point, just what a thank you should be. I hope everyone receiving one likes it :)
- Smooch Spritz in Gingersnap
- ColorBox Fluid Chalk Ink in Chestnut Roan
- ColorBox Fluid Chalk Ink in Creamy Brown
- Twine – hydrangeahippo.etsy.com
- Buttons- Epiphany Crafts
- Paper – Basic Grey, Bella Blvd (leaves), KaiserCraft (script), Bo Bunny (pink), October Afternoon (boy)
- Tag – American Crafts
- Cardstock – Bazzill, Cardstock Warehouse, DCWV
- Stamps – Stampin' Up!
- Ribbon – May Arts
- Diecut Pennant – Pink Paislee
- Sequins – Polka Dot Whimsy
Hope this inspires you to break out your scraps and create some cards. It's okay if your papers don't match perfectly–just add a little Smooch Spritz and it will all make sense in the end.