Katie's last day of school was today but I know most kids don't get out until after Memorial Day. I have a hard time throwing stuff away lately and have accumulated QUITE the collection of empty tubes of Prima Wildflowers like these:
- Cello Bag with Twist Tie Top (from baking section at Crafts Store)
- Prima Wildflowers Pillar Pack (empty)
- 3″ Circle Punch
- 2 eyelets
- 2.5″ Circle Punch
- Scrap Paper
- Baker's Twine or Ribbon
- Shred to put in the bottom of the tube
- Paper flowers or stars
Here's how I created the decorated tube:
- Peel the sticker from the lid and add a 3″ paper circle to it. Add a 2.5″ Circle in another color and add punched paper stars (or flowers for a girl teacher).
- Cut a piece of 12″ paper into a 2.5″ wide border–I used some Teresa Collins sports PP that looks like a ruler and cut he paper so the rulers were whole. Apply tape runner adhesive and wrap to cover the label on the tube.
- Add another 2.5″ circle (I used Sassafras Lass paper) to a piece of black Carsstock and trim with pinking shears or decorative scissors. Add eyelets to each side.
- Use the baker's twine to tie the circle from Step 3 around the tube to cover the last little bit of Prima label that is exposed on the tube (the 2.5″ strip doesn't cover the whole Prima label).
- Add more stars and a stamped “Thank You” sentiment.
- Stack cookies inside a cello bag and close with a twist tie.
- Add shred to the bottom of the tube and slip the cookie tube inside. Replace lid and give to your favorite teacher, school nurse, Dad, or Grad ;)