Just cruising blogs and Facebook Pages (a new addiction! LOL) I've seen alot of emphasis on setting goals. Yes, there are the mainstays of losing weight and saving money but for me, we are trying to really change our lives. You might have noticed the little “2009 Goals” block over on the left. That is for me to keep track of my scrappy goals and be accountable. So to explain a little…
I have too much stuff, too many photos, and too little time to mess around with organizing all the time. I am sure 90% of scrapbookers are in this boat. Its the nature of the beast!! What a mess!
I had FIFTEEN 18 Gal+ rubbermaid tubs of scrap stuff stashed in my hall closet and garage. I thought I only had nine but I discovered some more in the garage that were not labeled. We just started cleaning the garage so I had to go through all those tubs. I also turned my hall closet into a HUGE linen closet so I had to go through all the tubs I had stashed in there.
I am down to 6 tubs now. One for class stuff. Three for Scrapbook Royalty stuff. And 2 for pages kits. I'd like to get rid of those last two altogether and just have a handful of page kits waiting to be done at a time. I found so much stuff in those tubs that I just HAD TO HAVE but it has sat in a bin for 2, 3, or 5 years waiting to be used. Here's what I am going to do to change this nonsense!
- Can't buy unless my room is clean AND I have a spot for it.
- Participate in challenges and crops.
- Garage sales. I am already scheduled to participate in TWO of these to get rid of the excess. Hopefully I only have to do two because I won't be buying needlessly.
- Follow my own organizing tips.
- Upload Photos within 30 days.
- Scrap With Katie More.
- Complete Club 365. Last year I did 237 Pages. This year I already have two pages done!!
- Complete all 52 Challenges for WhoGAS. That will help me with my 365 goal too!
I will be cleaning my scrap room so I can get started on this. I am already behind! LOL But I can catch up once I get my room clean. In a clean space, I can scrap really fast.
Here's to a successful and scrappy 2009!