Welcome to 30 Days of Holiday Projects with Xyron!! The Design Team is creating and sharing projects all month long to inspire holiday fun and creativity. Today, I am sharing with you a holiday shaker box shadowbox. This is a fun display item and the kids will have fun giving it a little shake to make the button “snow” fall inside the box.
The base is a Tim Holtz configurations box and I used just one of the inserts inside as a focal box. I used papers and stickers from American Crafts, Crate Paper, and Studio Calico. To cover the box sides with paper, I ran it through the Xyron 1.5″ Create a Sticker and ran the wider pieces through the NEW 3″ Xyron Sticker Maker.
The banner was created by sandwiching a piee of Maya Road Solid Red Twine between a sticker pennant and a Xyron 3/8″ Dots on the back.
Instead of glitter or faux snow, I filled the box with buttons. This is fun and unexpected and the kids love the sound it makes when they shake the box. Adding in a few jingle bells would have been fun too!
- Xyron Mega Runner
- Xyron 1.5″ Create a Sticker
- Xyron 3″ Sticker Maker
- Xyron 3/8″ Dots
- Paper by Crate Paper, American Crafts, Studio Calico
- Stickers by American Crafts
- Twine, Fabric Tape by Maya Road
- Box by Tim Holtz
- Poinsetta and Holly Design Adhesives by Clearsnap
- ColorBox Chalk Ink in Pink Sky by Clearsnap
- Silver Designer Foils by Clearsnap
- Tomato Spice Acrylic Paint by Delta
- Buttons by Hydrangea Hippo
- Tickets by Hydrangea Hippo
- Mini Bottle Brush Tree by Hydrangea Hippo
- Beads by Hydrangea Hippo
I hope you enjoyed today's project! Head back to the Ain't She Crafty Blog to continue on the hop and don't forget to check back every day through the middle of December for more inspiring projects with Xyron!
Thanks for stopping by!