I love going to gift shops and markets to find unique treasures. I see fabulous wonderful items and I often think, “I can make that!”. Browsing Pinterest creates the same reaction–how many projects have you thought you would/could/should make from Pinterest?
Well, here's to starting!! I will selling these in my booth at Patchwork this coming weekend and will have several different styles available.
This altered star is a mish mash of ideas I have seen all over crossed with an affinity I have for stars. I have several large metal stars around my house and when I saw the “Star, 5 Point 3-D” Sizzix die I had to have it!!
I created the base from chipboard using the die and then set to decorating. A little paint, a few elements from patterned paper, a beaded spray, and some bits and pieces all came together to make a shabby piece, perfect for anyone's mantle or home.
Finally, I attached a Connie Crystal chandelier crystal with Octagon Chain to the bottom of the star for a blingy, sun catcher. This can be hung on a door, wall, or hook — here I set the top of the ribbon hanger onto a candle stick and set a 3″ wide candle on top to hold the star in place. The crystals catch the light from the burning candle and set the walls aglow!
- Tombow Power Tabs
- Connie Crystal Octagon Chain
- Connie Crystal Chandelier Crystal
- Jump Ring – Blue Moon Beads
- Star, 5 Point 3-D Die – Sizzix
- Smooch Spritz in Vanilla Shimmer – Clearsnap
- White Paint – Delta
- Seam Binding, Lace, Unknown
- Flower Trim – Making Memories
- Beaded Sprays, Flower, Twine, Clothespins, Leaves – hydrangeahippo.etsy.com
- Frame – Melissa Frances
- Patterned Paper – Canvas Corp
- Heart Punch – Stampin' Up!
- Watering Can Die Cut – K & Company