Hi everyone! Heather here, and I'm sharing an altered notebook as part of the All Things Altered Spring Blog Hop.
2. Pinky- http://www.blueyecicle.blogspot.com
3. Debbie- http://studiobeecreations.blogspot.com/
5. Gloria – http://gloriascraps.blogspot.com/
6. Jess B. – http://thatzuneek.blogspot.com/
7. Angela Holt- http://www.angelaholtdesigns.com
8. Christine – www.scrapbookingtechnique.blogspot.com
9. Barbara – http://blackholeartstudio.blogspot.com/
10. Irit – http://iritshalom.blogspot.co.il/
11. Candice – http://candicewindhamdesigns.blogspot.com/
12. Jennifer – hydrangeahippo.blogspot.com YOU ARE HERE!!!
I'm going to a birthday party for my niece this weekend and I wanted to make her something special. As we all know, ten year old girls are full of hopes and dreams. (After all, they ARE in the double digits so they're nearly grown. Right?) I thought it would be neat to make her a journal to record her thoughts. I used the gorgeous Everyday Eclectic kit, and a hot pink feather from the Hydrangea Hippo Etsy store to complete my project.
Here's a closer view of the title work. I decided to feature some of the punctuation from the Echo Park alphabet set as centers in the sequined flowers. The paper all came from the 6×6 paper pad that was included in the kit. I used the leftover scraps to create a quilted look on the front of the composition book.
I hid the ends of the feathers under a little plastic dish. I wanted to make the dish look like a flower so I adhered a yellow coated metal button in the center. A turquoise ribbon flower finished the embellishment cluster nicely.
Thanks so much for hopping along with us! Now, head back to Pam's blog to finish the hop. http://www.pammejo-scrapbookflair.com/