Welcome to another All Things Altered Blog Hop!!!!! I am so thankful for Pam putting these together every season–it is so much fun and inspiration and we do it just for the heck of it! Sharing is caring, right?! LOL
Here is the hop list:
2. Pinky- http://www.blueyecicle.blogspot.com
3. Debbie- http://studiobeecreations.blogspot.com/
5. Gloria – http://gloriascraps.blogspot.com/
6. Jess B. – http://thatzuneek.blogspot.com/
7. Angela Holt- http://www.angelaholtdesigns.com
8. Christine – www.scrapbookingtechnique.blogspot.com
9. Barbara – http://blackholeartstudio.blogspot.com/
10. Irit – http://iritshalom.blogspot.co.il/
11. Candice – http://candicewindhamdesigns.blogspot.com/
12. Jennifer – hydrangeahippo.blogspot.com YOU ARE HERE!!!
Today I am sharing a very special altered mixed media canvas to benefit the survivors of the Sandy Hook tragedy. Charity Wings spearheaded this effort to create a canvas, contirbuted to by 10 mixed media artists! Prints of the canvas can be purchased from Charity Wings and the proceeds will benefit the Sandy Hook Fund.
Here is what the canvas looked like when I received it from Suzi Blu:
And here is what it looked like once I sent it on its way to Marilyn Huerta in San Diego!
The canvas will then make its way to Elena Etcheverry, founder of Charity Wings, for a finishing addition and then off to be printed!!
It was definitely a challenge to find somewhere to add something to this piece but I managed to get in a few of my (now) signature book pages!
I punched hearts from a vintage copy of Jane Eyre and added them to the canvas using Collage Pauge Decoupage Medium. Then I sprayed some Pink Paislee/Heidi Swapp chipboard resist butterflies with ColorBox by Stephanie Barnard Sprays! in Bubblegum. I added a dab of Smooch Accent Ink in Ocean to the center of each butterfly body and mixed it with the spray ink with my finger. Then, I added Smooch Accent Ink in Green Olive to the layers of punched book page hearts on the wings of the angel.
Please support this effort and get a fun art print for your home or for a gift! Just click HERE to get all the info.
Thanks for stopping by! Now, head back to Pam's blog to finish out the hop!