I recently worked on a handful of projects for Globecraft Memories for their new Piccolo Card Decor line and Enamel Powders. Wow, it was challenging and fun at the same time.
The Enamel Powders work similarly to embossing powders but they have varying granule sizes and you can heat them longer than embossing powders. Also, you can mix them, add additional layers, and achieve unique metallic looking finishes! Here is one of the layouts I made, featuring some of the Globecraft Memories mixed media enamel powders on buttons, woods, and chipboard:
Here, I sprayed an area with Smooch Spritz and then sprinkled on the enamel powder, knocking off the excess and then heat setting it for a dew drop effect–the flash heat setting technique by Globecraft Memories is great for setting the powder but keeping the granular texture of the mixed media powder intact.
- Paper – Bo Bunny Press
- Enamel Powder, Adhesive, Chipboard – Globecraft Memories
- Pin, Ticket – Tim Holtz
- Beaded Sprays, Vintage Postage Stamps, Buttons – hydrangeahippo.etsy.com
- Smooch Spritz, ColorBox Fluid Chalk Ink – Clearsnap
- Twine – Close to My Heart
- Glitter Alpha Stickers – K & Company