Welcome to the first ever All Things Altered Blog Hop, organized by Scrapbook Flair!!
You should have arrived HERE from Eileen's blog. Designers from all walks of craft are sharing their altered works with you today!! I am so excited to be a part of this hop and to be following my good friend Eileen on the hop–she is an amazing artist whose Sizzix dies I love love love!!
Today I am sharing with you an altered canvas I created for Globecraft Memories using their Enamel Powders and Piccolo Card Decor sets. Their high quality intricately cut chipboard pieces are easy to convert to a metallic look with their enamel powders. Plus,the multicolored large granule enamel powders are really cool to play with for a stone look!
The finer enamel powders are excellent for turning the small flourishes and elements into metallic looking filigree, like in the lower right corner of my canvas.
I also made an ATC using the thicker enamel powders to cover an ATC sized chipboard shape. I used the finer enamel powder to coat mini hearts and more flourishes.
I dabbed the hot enamel powders with a paper towel to transfer the texture and to created a swirling sea effect to match the theme of my ATC.
- Enamel Powders, Piccolo Decor Sets – Globecraft Memories
- Paper – Bo Bunny Press, My Mind's Eye
- Bling – Teresa Collins
- Mix'd Media Inx, ColorBox Fluid Chalk Cat's Eyes, Smooch Spritz – Clearsnap
- Canvas – Blick Art Supplies
- Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher – Advantus
- Pinking Shears, Brown Fabric – Joann's
- Ribbon – hydrangeahippo.etsy.com
- Distrezz-It-All – Zutter Innovative
We have 3 fabulous prizes to give away–to enter just leave a comment on each blog and FOLLOW each blog in the Hop. Leave a comment on the Scrapbook Flair blog to let them know you visited Hydrangea Hippo and followed my blog.
Here are the prizes:
- Simply Betty Stamps – Steampunk Halloween Stamps
- Irit Shalom Designs – Tim Holtz Christmas Stamp Set
- Scrapbook Flair – Altered product package
In addition, I am adding a prize just for those of your visiting and commenting here on my blog!!! Tweet, Facebook, blog, or PIN my blog post and you will be entered to win a $50 gift cert to hydrangeahippo.etsy.com!! Just leave a comment letting me know what you did and I will choose one winner on March 29, 2012.
Are you ready to keep on hopping?? Head on over to Irit's blog for more Altered Inspiration!!