I've been working on filling up my class calendar for 2009 with classes in response to requests from you, stores, and my friends! Here's what's coming up in the next couple of months:
Two Page Layout Class
January 10, 2009
Desert Scrappers Retreats Make N Take
January 10, 2009
Desert Scrappers Retreats
After the class I'll be teaching a super cute mini tag book to benefit Scrapbook Royalty!
Not going to the retreat? That's okay! Just call or email me to sign up. 909-648-9528 cell or [email protected]
“Out of the Box” Layout Class
Featuring the Quickutz Silhouette
January 18, 2009
We'll be using the Quickutz Silhouette diecutting machine to create a layout to remember the seasons of 2008. We’ll be cutting EVERYTHING on this layout using the Quickutz Silhouette. EVERYTHING.
Bring your Silhouette and laptop to the class and I'll show you the basics:
- Selecting and Cutting shapes from My Library
- Selecting and Cutting shapes from a file or disk
- Cut your own title using fonts installed on your computer
- Install a downloaded font on your computer and cut a title
- Ungrouping and Grouping shapes
- Manipulating shapes in ungrouped and grouped states
- Selecting single or multiple shapes Using the Select Tool
- Resizing single and multiple shapes at one time
- Resizing using the Position Settings, Text Settings, and Select tools
- Using the “Cut” and “Print” Preview Functions
- Selecting the proper settings for different paper weights and adjusting the blade
- Maximizing cuts to conserve paper
- Tips on getting the most out of your Silhouette
- Create your own shape using the Drawing Tools
- We’ll also use Stickles and a Tim Holtz technique for creating realistic “snow”.
Don't have a Quickutz Silhouette? No problem. I will have my Silhouette in the class for you to use. Try it out for yourself before you buy or just make a fun layout!
Calendar & Memo Board
January 31, 2009
Join Scrapbook Royalty’s Jennifer Priest to create a perpetual desktop calendar to decorate any desk! We'll use the Zutter Bind-It-All and paper you choose from my embellie bar to create one-of-a-kind, functional decor for your office or home. Also included in this class is a wall hanging we'll make with a built in memo board and post-it spot, perfect next to the phone or hanging by your desk. Your workspace will be the envy of all of your co-workers! Please bring 14 wallet sized photos and two 3″x3″ cropped photos to the class to decorate these projects.
Supplies: Craft Glue Dots, strong liquid adhesive (Zip Dry), precision tip scissors, 14 wallet sized photos, two 3×3 cropped photos.
Everyone who comes to the class will receive a goodie bag. Everyone who comes to the store during the class will receive a “Fairy Fly-By”, a little goodie from Scrapbook Royalty, just for stopping by. Each Scrapbook Store will also have two raffle baskets we'll be raffling off to benefit a local charity. Don't miss out on this fun-filled class and I hope to see you there!
“Elegantly Turquoise” Mini Book
February 7, 2009
The Scrappin' Table
Liquid Adhesive, Scissors, Foam Squares, Glue Dots in various sizes, inks (blue, black, light brown), black journaling pen.
And last but not least…
Bind-It-All Basics + BONUS
March 1, 2009
$20 (Basics Only)
$30 (Basics + BONUS)
The Scrappin' Table
March 8, 2009
• Continuous Binding
• Binding Projects Less Than 4” Wide
• Binding Projects 4- 8” Wide
• Binding Projects 8” Wide or More
• Proper Placement of Wires for Binding Books
• Setting Up the Machine for Different Sized Binding Wires
• How to Achieve Perfect Wires Every Time
• Binding Projects That Measure in Whole Inches
• Binding Projects That Measure In Partial Inches
• How to Conserve Wires
• When to Bind Continuously and When Not To
• How Thick Binding Projects Should Be
• Which Materials Can Be Punched and Bound with the Bind It All
• And More!
It’s been said that the best way to learn something is to actually “do” it. After the “Basics” class, create a mini book using the skills you just learned. Not only will you have the instructor there to help you, you’ll also have a chance to play with Zutter’s newest creation, Cover-Alls!