I got tagged by Pammy over at sb.com — she shared five of her scrappy secrets so now I have to share five of mine. Here goes!
I am going to share five scrap secrets and five cool things. If you read this and feel like it, please make your own list and then post back at my blog so I can see yours :) I WOULD LOVE to see your scrap secrets and cool things!!! You can post on it on your personal blog outside sb.com or here at sb.com!
Five scrap secrets (some you might know but some might be news to you! LOL):
1. I use Snapfish to print my photos because they offer them in matte finish. I love that fingerprints don't show up on matte prints — it also helps me scrap faster since I don't worry about touching the picture or polishing off fingerprints later.
2. I make ALOT of mistakes on my samples and pages. There are usually torn parts and other boo-boos that I end up covering up. Even when you teach classes your stuff doesn't always come out perfect! LOL It's okay to mess up, to change your mind, and to use ANOTHER piece of paper to cover up a “mistake”.
3. Circle punches are probably my all-time favorite tool to turn to when I need an embellishment quick. There is so much you can do with a circle!
4. Paper plates abound in my scrap room — I get lazy about putting glitter away, especially if it is a color I use alot or that I plan to use again in a few hours or days. I just leave each color of glitter on its own paper plate and stack them (staggered so the bottoms of the plates don't touch the glitter in the plate below) on a shelf until I need it again.
5. My main inspiration comes from scraplifting. I lift from myself, I browse galleries and magazines to spark my interest, and I look at samples in stores to get ideas. Sometimes I see something and get inspired–that gets the creative juices flowing and then jump starts me on the page or project I am trying to create. I think it's okay to scraplift–we all do it, even if it is not consciously. I might see a row of buttons on a layout and then some time later that works its way onto a page or onto a minibook. Like they say, “there's nothing new under the sun”.
Now it's your turn… don't forget to post here when you do your own list! Let's share our secrets!
2 thoughts on “Five Scrappy Secrets to Share”
I really want to get a circle punch. Any recommendations, IE right size to buy or company.
I personally love the punches by Ek Success/Stampin Up. They are basically the same thing but the EK ones are harder to find. SU ones you can just order from a rep. I like all the sizes from 1/2″ up to 3″ and use them all. It is quite an investment if you buy them all upfront but there are so many ways to use them, it is worth it. HTH