Last December, Katie and I went to the Seaside Soiree but on by Charity Wings. At this amazing event, I got to rub elbows with Jen Cushman of Ice Resin!! We took a great altered journal class from her and during the class, we made Resin paper from Ice Resin. Or more correctly, KATIE made the Resin paper! One day I will have her show me how to do it — I am in love with the look and feel and texture of it!!
I've taken the 6×9 piece of Ice Resin paper that Katie made in the class and parceled it out in the tiniest pieces to use on a many projects as possible. These cards are one of my favorites — all scraps, full of great papers from Webster's Pages AND Anna Griffin, with a touch of sparkle from some splattered Smooch Spritz — did I say I love them?
The velvety texture of the papers, the sabby feel of the colors against the shine of the Ice Resin paper and Smooch Spritz…well, it makes my heart go pitter patter! without further ado, here are the rest of the cards:
I punched some of the Ice Resin paper into shapes, like hearts,on these cards as well as cut some of it into scalloped borders that I used on an altered tray (coming up on the blog soon!). When Katie shows me how to make the Ice Resin paper, rest assured I will post a video to my YouTube channel!!
- Ice Resin and Ice Resin Paper – Jen Cushman and Ice Resin Susan Lenart Kazmer
- Card Bases – The Paper Company, DCWV
- Stickers – Allison Kreft Designs for Echo Park Paper
- Papers – Anna Griffin, Bo Bunny Press, Webster's Pages, American Crafts (glitter)
- Punch – EK Success (label), Fiskars (heart)
- Felt – Eco-Felt
- Pearl Bling – Prima (white), Want2Scrap (coral)
- Smooch Spritz – Clearsnap
- Pigment Ink and Blending Tool – ColorBox/Clearsnap