I finally finished the Wizard of OZ banner I have been working on. It's been hanging on my wall for two days, trying to make sure nothing falls off and everything is dry. It has been humid up here since the middle of the week when it rained so my adhesive and Glimmer Mist are taking a bit to dry. I am really pleased with how it turned out! I sure hope Julie likes it!!
It's going to be my last custom order for a while since I got so behind from being sick, I have way too much to catch up on. Julie was so patient, waiting over 2 months for me to finish. It takes me about 8 to 15 hours straight to make a banner and then I have to have no other projects in my scrap room because they literally take up one table for it to sit on and one table for me to cut paper and make all the goodies that go on it. With all my classes right now and recovering from being sick I just can't do it– and no way can I let someone wait that long again!! So until I have the time to dedicate, that is it for now! Here are some snippets of the banner–enjoy!
P.S. I am still totally covered in gold glitter!! And that's 144 swarovski crstals on those shoes — hand glued! 14 hand sewn crepep paper rosettes, misted, and then dipped in glitter. Plus I made all the dangling beads by hand as well. Xaver punched most of the arpon lace borders for me. He always helps me out! Now off to work a GS cookie booth with Miss Katie.