It can be too hot for somethings, like weeding my garden, but it is never too hot to craft?! And, you can craft in the middle of the night which is probably when most of us are most creative, right? Well, you can do online classes at all the same times you can craft! And online crafty classes? Um, perfection, right?
Our ONLINE classes work as follows:
- Lessons are posted once per week, on the same day every week (Thursdays for example)
- You review the lesson and complete any assignments at your own pace over that week
- Load your work into the Student Gallery to share
- If you get behind, no worries – all the lessons are there for you to access forever. Classroom/teacher support continues for about 2 weeks after the last lesson is posted.
- You can enroll in classes for up to 2 weeks after they start
Here's our online class line-up this summer at MyCreativeClassroom.com. Just click on the course name to see the info and sign up.
All About Ribbon – Start Date June 28
Got ribbon? We do! And we have boatloads of it. If you are looking for some ribbon inspiration, look no further as we explore borders, bows, flowers and faux ribbon. We'll even cover how to organize those unruly knots and how to use up that stash! Join 12 MCC Instructors for this fun class.
- Week One:Join us as we get you started on this journey. Shirley Pando will provide a general overview of the types of ribbons and some other basics. Then Cara Miller and Jeri Parks will dive into the many uses for ribbons as borders. You'll be amazed at how versatile ribbons can be.
- Week Two: Join Jennifer Priest, Donna Maligno, Deena Ziegler, Rachel Smith and Cristal Hobbs as they walk you through creating flowers out of ribbons and mastering the bow!
- Week Three: Join Catherine Scanlon and Kim Parkinson as they guide you through a few different looks of faux ribbon. It might not help get rid of your stash but sometimes, you need to make your own perfect ribbon to complete your project.
- Week Four: Join Karen Hunter, Jennifer Priest and Deena Ziegler in our final week. This week we'll talk about organizing your ribbons and how to use up that stash.
Big Ideas for Mini Albums – Start Date July 4
I teach one of the lessons in this multi-teacher class. If you love minmi albums, check it out!
A Very Faux Christmas – Start Date July 17
Learn to create the look of icicles and snow, gilded golden ornaments, and frosted sidewalks in this course all about “faux” for Christmas! We’ll use a variety of craft and art media from spray inks infused with mica to acrylic paint and glitter. Each lesson includes a project that can be created using the featured technique.
Week One: Faux Snow – we’ll create the look of fallen snow and icicles on a mini scrapbook project
Week Two: Faux Gold — We’ll gild a glass ornament with foils and turn an old wreath into a spectacular statement piece with spray paint.
Week Three: Faux Frost – Learn to make a frosted effect on paper to create a set of gorgeous greeting cards
Social Marketing for Crafters – Start Date July 24th
Do you have a crafty business and need to promote it? Are you a designer or instructor looking to make your mark in social media but don't know how? Are you using social media and not getting the results you want? Then this class is for you!! Craft Industry Social Media Virtuoso Jennifer Priest, of Hydrangea Hippo [Media], will lead you through a 6 week intensive online course to start you on the road to success! We'll cover what to expect from social marketing, what platforms will work best for your business, define goals and learn to measure Return on Investment (ROI), and learn about how to use tools to help with promotions and managing your social media platforms. This class will cover Facebook, twitter, Pinterest, and YouTube in detail as well as touch on blogs, instagram, google+, and other platforms.
- Week One: Why do I need it? How can I benefit? What are my goals and how can social media help?
- Week Two: Where Should I be? Twitter, FB Youtube etc and how they are different
- Week Three: Creating Accounts
- Week Four: Sharing the Good News and What to Post and What Not to Post
- Week Five: Making Time for Social Media & Using Tools
- Week Six: Setting Goals and Measuring ROI
NEW! Creative Glass Etching – Start Date July 26 – more info coming soon!