Everyone likes free stuff, right?
Doing a giveaway seems to be a no-brainer when it comes to trying to get new fans and reward your current followers–lots of companies do it. And lots of companies do giveaways using social media. But are they “following the rules”?
There are lots of things to be aware of when running a promotion or giveaway on social media. Over the next few weeks, I'll be sharing my views and experience on the following:
- Identifying your Goals & Audience – Who are you trying to reward? Who are you trying to attract? What are you trying to accomplish?
- Choosing a Prize – Where will you ship it? How much will it cost? and more…
- Choosing a Platform – Where will you run this giveaway?
- Facebook Specifics – Terms of Service and Using Apps
- Follow-up – Announcing a Winner, Sending out a Prize, What to Do with all the data collected
I hope you'll join me for this series every Monday for the next 5 weeks, here, at Hydrangea Hippo.
For more social media and internet marketing goodness, follow our Facebook Pages and join our Facebook Group!