All this talk of love, Valentines. romance, and my anniversary this past month has got weddings on my mind. I created this altered globe using assorted papers, found objects and ephemera in my scraproom, and crystals by Connie Crystal!!
The real stars on this altered globe are the hanging Connie Crystal crystals!
I clustered flowers and buttons and all the usual elements on one end of this globe but then, I tucked in two lengths of rosary style beaded chain (from a broken belt) and glue them into place with hot glue. Once the glue was dry and I was sure the beads were secure, I attached two large pendant style crystals to the bottom bead using a wire wrapping technique.
The hanging crystals add such an elegant touch to the globe! These could be used as centerpieces at a wedding or decor for a shabby chic style room.
- Connie Crystal Suncatcher
- Connie Crystal Pendant
- Papers – My Mind's Eye, Echo Park Paper, Anna Griffin, Basic Grey
- Smooch Spritz in Ginger Ale – Clearsnap
- Vintage Dictionary Paper Flower, Lace, Trim, Flower Stamens, Millinery Flowers – hydrangeahippo.etsy.com
- Globe – Target Stores
- Paper Flower – Prima Marketing Inc
- Velvet Flower – Maya Road
- Glue Gun
- Circle Punch
- Salvaged Beaded Chain
Thanks for stopping by today! Have you ever decorated for a wedding — what would you use crystals to dress up?
One thought on “Shabby, Elegant, and Worldy…an Altered Globe”
This globe is stunning! Love this!