To get things done I really work best with a deadline. Either that or I need to be really really really inspired. I mean REALLY inspired! Then I can work from start to finish and be done in a snap. Like those Ikea boxes I did and shared with you this week. But those sat for how long? 2 Years?? And then I finally started working on them when I saw the right paper. Anyways, I have been setting goals throughout the year and keeping track of them in My Place.
1. Upload My Photos on a regular basis. I wait and wait and wait until I have to spend 4 hours uploading and then pay express shipping to get prints to myself for a crop weekend. On National Scrapbook Day I didn't even have my pics because I kept putting off the dreadful uploading task and they arrived the Monday after the crop. So I made a goal to keep stuff always uploaded within the last 30 days and order the prints right away, even if I am not going to a crop any time soon. Then I also always have pics when I need them for layouts, class samples, or DT work.
How am I doing? Last upload was July 15 so I have some work to do this weekend. ;)
2. Complete 365 Layouts (12×12 Pages) This Year. Yeah, that is one page a day and I don't take pics every day but I have ALOT of catching up to do for years past so I am hoping this goal will get me on track.
How am I doing? Well it is day #242 of the year and I have only 181 layouts done. My Simple Five Fridays project is making me do some layouts and of course DT assignments at the Table and BLVD help me get stuff done. If it weren't for those “deadlines” I'd never finish! LOL I plan to crop at the BLVD on Monday so maybe I will make a little more progress to catch up to the “day” number.
3. Use My Existing Page Kits. If you have ever been to a crop with me you know I am a big proponent of making page kits — the paper, ribbon, photos, stickers, and embellies to create one layout all in one bag. Coordinated. Pre-thought out. Ready to go. Well, I have TWO GIANT Rubbermaid tubs filled with page kits to scrap. Plus my CTMH over the shoulder bag is full and the two pink rolly carts are full with kits as well. Not class kits. It is ALL my personal scrapping that needs to be done.
How am I doing? I have 8 kits finished of ??? (I have no idea what the total is). That is SOMETHING! These two layouts I made this past week are from stuff I thought was a page kit but was actually a bag of stuff to scrap like certificates, stuff Katie made, little odds and ends… This stuff is all hard to scrap but I forced myself to just go with it. That's what I have to do –commit and slap it down and move on!! Otherwise I'd never get anything done…
4.Update this blog every other day at least. Updating my blog really helps me to be creative, believe it or not. I have to think of projects to put up, design stuff, share it, and really ponder my process so that I can explain what I did on a project. Plus I like to “see” myself talk…hehe. And I enjoy reading all the comments–thanks for commenting!!
How am I doing? Yippee!! At least I have something DONE! Ha!
5. Get on a Manufacturer Design Team.
How am I doing? Still trying…Of course, it has to be one I really like and there is stiff competition for those ones but I'll keep on trucking!!! And any other kit or online DTs I see that are cool I am trying out for too. I did make the finalists list for Gypsy Rose Paperie and that is pretty cool!!
6. Get published in a hardcopy magazine.
How am I doing? Well, it is going to happen!! December this year…and I also got pubbed 4 times in online mags this year so far too. Just gotta remember to submit. I try to go on Pub Calls one day a month and then just submit to everything that strikes my fancy.
It is never to late in the year to consider them!! You don't need to wait until Jan to do your resolutions (this totally makes me think of a layout Kristin Hayne got pubbed in Memory Makers earlier this year about her August Resolutions…). So what are you doing to reach your goals? The long weekend is a good time to get to work on reaching them…