If anyone orders wayyy too many prints from one event, that’d be me! LOL I get a BOX every time I order from Snapfish. I even order the blurry pics sometimes because I can see what was going on in the pic (even if everyone else can’t) and I get all sentimental about these un-useable pics. Problem is, I have tons of leftover stacks of pics floating around everywhere. Here are five ideas for using up prints that don’t make it onto your layouts:
- Create cards from them. Come on, who doesn’t love a card with a funny face? A 4×6 print is perfect for the front of card. Crop it, attach it to the card front and then dress it up with some fun googly eyes, flowers, or whatever you fancy.
- Create a “Faces of” Page of your family or the subject in the pictures with your blurry photos. You can even cut them all down to just the faces and tile them all over a page. On this page I just used 2×2 cropped pics of Matt over the last year making funny faces. I've already done layouts of all these pics so they are truly extras. To make it more “funny” I added a bracket mustache to Matt too! LOL
- Insert 4×6 photo pages between the pages in your scrapbook to slip these pics into. Karen H., from Book Club at The Scrappin’ Table, has done this for years and the idea was recently featured in one of the scrapping mags. Bazzill even has Lickety Slip albums now where you can put these pages in them (and The Scrappin’ Table sells those too).
- Create small home décor projects for the office. Hanging calendars, post it note holders…you can add photos to all of these so they do double duty as an office supply and a photo frame. This works really well for wallet size pics.
This is a post-it note / mini bulletin board we made in Book Club last month. It is perfect for the spot next to the fridge, your desk at work or in any narrow space. I have mine in my scrap room and yes, I use those post-its ALOT! It folds up too if you want to make it a mini book instead…
5. Create a pocket behind the layout to house all the extra photos. Close to My Heart even sells “True Fit Folios” that are 12×12 and fit behind a page—you can slip all kinds of great stuff in there with your extra pics, like certificates, award ribbons, tickets, event programs…. For more info contact Laura Miller, my CTMH rep.
I hope you have time to work some scrapping in this weekend!! Here in our house it is a 5 day weekend since X took off Tuesday and today is his regular Friday off. Hopefully I'll get to scrappin' too!! Happy Labor Day (day off!!).