Do you have a road trip planned this summer? I love scrapbooking but on trips, I start to forget the details and the days meld together. Here are some great ideas for journaling and remembering your summertime road trips for years to come:
1. Get a journal or smashbook to “scrap as you go”.
I created this journal for Katie to take with her on a summer trip to North Carolina – the full tutorial on how to make it is here on my blog.
2. Post to social media or Instagram.
Refer back to your photos so you know what days you went where…
3. Use a calendar page to track activities
Take a page out of a wall calendar and write down where you went and what you did in each block for each day. You can then scrapbook this later.
4. Label a zip top bag with sharpie for ech day of the trip
Place momentos, ticket stubs, and other goodies in each bag for each day.
5. Put out a call on social media telling your online friends where you will be.
Ask for restaurant recommendations or even meet up with them IRL! Have them sign your journal or smashbook.
6. Collect fliers, patches, pins, or other goodies from each place you stop at so you can scrapbook them later.
Or add them to your smash book right away.
7. While in the car, work on Mad Libs with the kids.
Tear out a completed page and add it to your scrapbook or smashbook.
8. Collect sand or pebbles from beaches, deserts or rest stops.
Even smashed washers or other trinkets found in the pavement at a road side gas station can be cool mementos to include in your smashbook.
9. Keep colored pens or pencils in a bag with your journal
Doodle as you ride in the car or wait in line somewhere on your trip.
10. Use crayons or charcoal to make rubbings
Make rubbings in a book or journal to keep a record of landmarks, tombstones, leaves, or plaques you see on your trip.
I hope this gives you some great ideas for making your summer trips more memorable! Where are you traveling this summer?