First, I have a winner winner chicken dinner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The prize is some random yumminess from the Hydrangea Hippo etsy shop and from the Twinery and Clearsnap!!!
Smooch Spritz, twine, a spring ephemera kit, handmade felt flowers, 15 yards of gorgeous lace and trims, a set of American Crafts pens, bling flowers, beaded sprays, hand sewn leaves, a handmade felt and paper bag book and more!!!!!!!! All in this cute little basket :)
And the winner is…………..
Congrats!!!!!!!!!! Please email your shipping addy to [email protected]!!!!
And now, back to our regularly scheduled programming :)
I love to cruise the clearance aisles and I always see things that are damaged on clearance. A whole range of thought go through my head:
I usually talk myself out of buying broken or messed up things because they usually sit in my house for months until I finally throw them away or give them to Goodwill.
I bought a set of two gallery stretched canvases in the home decor section at Joann's for $5.97 each on clearance–each had black marks on them and they were just a god-awful shade of peachy pink. It did not match anything in my house. But I figured the cost of the canvas alone was worth $6 and I could always paint over them.
They sat in my house for 6 months.
I finally broke out the paint and decided to alter them! I recently redecorated my guest bath in a bird theme with robin's egg blues, pretty sea foam greens, and a touch of warm brown. When I received my goodie box for the Tombow USA challenge with Canvas Corp, I knew what I was going to do!!
The canvas had good “bones” — I loved the design but there was a big black mark on it and the colors were … let's be “real” here: hideous.
Here's how I took the canvas from terrible to terrific :)
I received some gorgeous White on Kraft Damask CCP2722 patterned paper from Canvas Corp as well as a premade canvas flower. I gathered paints, inks, and other embellies to match the colors of my bathroom and went to town:
- Tombow 3D Foam Tabs
- Tombow Stamp Runner Permanent Adhesive
- Canvas Corp White on Kraft Damask CCP2722 Patterned Paper
- Canvas Corp White on Kraft French Home Sampler CCP2717 Patterned Paper
- Canvas Corp Canvas FabricPage
- Canvas Corp Canvas Flower CVS3309
- Canvas Corp Canvas Fringe CVS3311
- Smooch Spritz in Ice Rink, Spash, and River Mossy by Clearsnap
- ColorBox Premium Dye Inkpad in Chocolate by Stephanie Barnard
- Clearsnap Rollagraph Jumbo Handle and Stamp Wheels in Define It, Simple Dots, and Splatter
- ColorBox Fluid Chalk Ink Cat's Eye in Chestnut Roan
- Sizzix Bigz 3D Flower Die
- Canvas by Joann's
- Delta Ceramcoat Acrylic Paint in Lime Sorbet, Paradise, Metallic Bronze, Bambi Brown
- KaiserColour Acrylic Paint in Sea Breeze
- Rub-Ons by Studio Calico and Jenni Bowlin Studios
- Artistic Wire Gun Metal Colored Copper Wire, 24 Gauge
- Glass Glitter by Jolee Jane
- Mini Frame by Melissa Frances
- Printed Ephemera by Jen Johnson at Spark No. 3
- Crown Charm by Teresa Collins
- Punchinella, Chandelier Crystal, Glass Bottle by hydrangeahippo.etsy.com
And here it is in my new bathroom design:
So next time you see that cast-off, sad clearance item, put aside all those bad thoughts, buy it, and paint new life into it :)
3 thoughts on “Thrifty Thursday: I bought a "scrappy" canvas”
Oh Jennifer, I love what you have done with these canvases! I will be back to watch the video and take lots of notes :) Congrats to Renee!
love your canvas. the skirt is just beautiful.
Beautiful canvas…. Tfs