I am wayyyyy behind on blogging. I love it when people ask me, “how do you do it all?”
I don't “DO it ALL”. My house is dirty, my yard is a wreck, I am still in my PJs, Katie or Xaver usually cook dinner, I have really bad IBS and fibromyalgia days where I just can't seem to catch a break….I mean, there are days that I pat myself on the back because I cleaned my house or weeded my garden or actually cooked a meal but I really am far from “doing it all” and from doing it all WELL. I know the behind the scenes and people tell me it looks like all is well from the outside…well, thank goodness for that! LOL Cuz it is a straight up disaster from my viewpoint…
So, I am behind on blogging.
Here's the deal:
- CHA takes alot of out ya – and then hanging with that super fun chica Elena of Charity Wings…well, I am getting old. (and the sad part is she is older than me! LOL)
- I got home and my house was kind of a wreck. I mean, two kitties had a field day while we were gone, even though they were being “babysat”.
- And I had a whole list of stuff to write when I sat down and now I can't remember it.
One of the things people have told me they like is that I am “real”. Well, here is some reality. I have been getting “fibro-fog” worse and worse. I never needed notes and a calendar to keep me on schedule more than I need them now. Imagine that feeling when you walk into a room and forget why you went there multiplied 100 times and occuring as fast as you type a sentence. I have a new appreciation for Alzheimer's patients or anyone suffering from a brain injury – I KNOW that is not the same is fibro but the feeling you are losing your grip on your itelligence has to be similar. You KNOW you used to be able to think better and KNOWING that you can't now is the worst.
That said, I know things could be worse and I am so grateful for my job and what I do all day and that I can still think. Some days I do more, some I do less. But I still have the ability to DO SOMETHING. And I truly am grateful. So now that you know a little more behind-the-scenes, here's the haps with this here blog – cuz I really do care if you read it!!!
- The Daily Scrapbook Page will start back up Aug 1 and run through the 15th, every day. Daily posts will go on Layout-A-Week.blogspot.com and summaries here on this blog. Honestly I did not think through trying to do a layout video a day during CHA.
- The YouTube series will start back up on Monday – yay!
- Mondays and Thursdays will be social media/business post days. I know, not so crafty but it is for crafty businesses and to run two blogs, well, I can't even run this one now, right?! What is the emoticon for a crazy face?
- Our new kit for August will be LIVE on August 1!!!!
- I have lots of posts in the works and videos of my CHA work that will be edited and posted soon – can't wait to share!
- Blog posts about Island Burgers (with a giveaway), etsy craft night last month, and CHA are coming soon!!!
- Dirty Little Crafty Secrets starts a new series on August 15th!! WOOT WOOT! I got some doozies on video at CHA — mwahhahhhaaaa!
Thanks for taking this crafty adventure with me :) It makes me smile when you comment or share that you were inspired :) Stay crafty my friends!