Are you ready for March Madness?!?! All week I have been sharing sports themed projects from game day snacks like Bacon Cheeseburger Fries to cool ways to show your pride with Clearsnap's NCAA Temporary Tattoo Kits. Today, I want to share a simple papercraft you can make to dress up your game day party:
Basketball Cupcake or Slider Toppers
These are super easy to make and you can use them as cupcake toppers or to top mini burgers or sliders on game day.
- Sports Ball Stamp set – the one I used is from Close To My Heart from about 10 years ago. You can find these online and at most craft store
- ColorBox Archival Dye Ink – Pumpkin
- ColorBox Archival Dye Ink – Wicked Black
- Tombow Xtreme Adhesive
- White Cardstock
Here's how to make them:
- Stamp basketballs all over a sheet of white cardstock.
- Using a circle punch, punch out the “balls”.
- Apply Tombow Xtreme Adhesive to cover the back of one ball. Lay it on the table with the sticky side up. Lay a toothpick on top of the adhesive, with about 1/2″ of the toothpick in the adhesive. Lay a second ball on top, pressing the back to the back of the previous ball.
- Insert into a cupcake or burger and enjoy! Just don't try to eat the paper ball ;)
Just a little way to add a fun “party” touch to an already fun game day ;)
Next week visit the Tombow blog to see how I used these same basketballs to make a mini banner! Check out these other game day posts: