This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GameTimeGrub #CollectiveBias The big spring sports tournament season is coming up – are you ready?! We don't live very close to any big stadiums or arenas so we like to bring the game to our house with our friends and family around. Xaver loves to cook and entertain so game days are perfect for this – games, sports, fun, and food! Game day food should be fun and easy to eat – one of our favorite things to make is fries and sliders. You can make these no matter where you are or what you team you're cheering for. Here's how to make french fries for game day grub:
Today we're sharing fries 3 ways, so there's a fries dish for everyone at the party. Our “Sweet Potato Pie Dip” is made with cream cheese, brown sugar, and pie spices with Alexia Sweet Potato Fries. Bacon Cheese Burger Onion Rings: Alexia Crispy Onion Rings topped with ground beef, bacon, shredded cheddar cheese, scallions, and a dollop of sour cream. “Spicy Crab & Chips” is a take on New England Style Fish & Chips, with crab, mayo, sour cream, cream cheese, jalapeno, cayenne pepper, and hot sauce with Alexia Smart Classics Crinkle Cut Fries. We went to our local Walmart to stock up on all the supplies needed to kick off this game day right! You can find the Alexia fries in the frozen food section here:
We created printable recipe cards for each dip recipe so you can save them to use for your game day grub. Be sure to pin this post so you can reference it later too!
Spicy Crab & Chips Recipe
We're sharing the step by step directions on how to create this easy, spicy, fresh and tasty crab dip that goes perfect with Alexia Smart Classics Crinkle Cut Fries. This dip is super easy to make. Here's how:
- 1 - 32 oz bag of Alexia Smart Classic Crinkle Cut Fries
- 1 - 8 oz package of cream cheese
- 1 - 6 oz. can of lump crab meat
- 2 TBSP Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream
- 1 TBSP hot sauce
- 1 Jalapeno, diced
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Ground Paprika
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Bake the Alexia Smart Classic Crinkle Cut Fries according to the instructions on the package.
- While the fries are baking, soften the cream cheese in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Mix the cream cheese, mayonnaise, and sour cream until blended.
- Add the crab meat, jalapenos, and spices to the mix, blending well.
- Place the dip in an oven safe dish.Bake at 400 degress F for 15 minutes or until warmed through.
- Spoon the dip into a bowl and serve with Alexia Smart Classic Crinkle Cut Fries.
Bacon Cheeseburger Onion Rings
Everyone will love this fun take on a deconstructed bacon cheeseburger. Make this for game day or as a fun movie night snack too. This is also a great recipe for tailgating – pack all the cooked elements separately and then assemble at the field.
- 1 - 13.5 oz. bag of Alexia Crispy Onion Rings
- 1 pound of Bacon
- 1 bundle of Green Onions or Scallions
- 8 ounces Sour Cream
- 8 ounces Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Tomato
- 1/2 lb Ground Beef
- Brown the ground beef.
- Cook the bacon thoroughly until crispy. Chop into 1" or smaller sized pieces.
- Bake the Alexia Crispy Onion Rings according to the package directions.
- Layer the Alexia Crispy Onion Rings on a platter. Layer the Ground Beef on top. Next, layer the tomatoes, scallions, and shredded cheddar cheese.
- Add a dollop of sour cream on top of the stack of ingredients. Sprinkle the bacon pieces all over the dish.
Sweet Potato Fries with Sweet Potato Pie Dip
Cupcakes are cool but these Sweet Potato Fries with Sweet Potato Pie Dip are BETTER!
- 8 oz. package of cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp. Nutmeg
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 1 TBSP Brown Sugar
- 1 - 20 oz. bag of Alexia Sweet Potato Fries
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1 TBSP Cinnamon
- Soften the cream cheese in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Mix all dip ingredients in a bowl until blended.
- Bake the Alexia Sweet Potato Fries according to package directions.
- Mix 1/4 cup of Brown Sugar, 1/4 cup of sugar, and 1 TBSP Cinnamon in a bowl. Toss the fries in this mixture.
- Serve the fries with the dip.
Tip: Sprinkle the fries with kosher salt right after baking to give them maximum flavor!
We created an assortment of mini slider burgers to compliment our french fry and onion ring recipes. We made our burgers paleo-friendly by wrapping them in lettuce but you can use Hawaiian rolls or small french rolls to make your own mini sliders if you don't like lettuce-wrapping them. We'll be sharing the slider recipes over on our other blog, Paleo Priests. You can always add fries and onion rings to your sliders too!
Stay tuned for more tutorials on how to make the game day decor in our party spread, coming later this week! Plus, check out this post I did earlier this week on how to show your game day pride with temporary tattoo stamp kits. For more recipes and Game Day Grub ideas, check out these links:
2 thoughts on “Easy Game Day Grub with Alexia Fries and Rings”