Walk around any department store and blingy chunky jewelry is in! This piece is relatively easy to make and totally customizable. It works great with a sleek black dress or with a t-shirt and jeans. I love jewlery that has versatility like this piece does.
Because it is can be totally customized, I chose to add an inspirational quote, “Tell Your Story”. The color inspiration came from the gorgeous faceted focal bead above the bezel.
- Assorted Beads
- ICE Resin
- ICE Resin Art Mechanique Hobnail Square Bezel by Susan Lenart Kazmer
- ICE Resin Shattered Fire Opal Mica
- ICE Resin Art Mechanique Ephemera Pack
- ICE Resin Paper Sealer
- Crystyler 20 by Norma Rapko for Walnut Hollow
- Crystyler 20 Crystals by Norma Rapko for Walnut Hollow
- Sticker Words by Cosmo Cricket
- Fleur De Lis Charm
- Head Pins
- Seed Beads
- Eye pins
- Jump rings
- Lobster Style Clasp
- Jeweler's Pliers
- Choose a piece of paper emphemera and add word stickers. Seal with Paper Sealer.
- Insert paper into the bezel. Sprinkle with Shattered Fire Opal Mica and seed beads, followed by ICE Resin. Allow to cure for 36 hours.
- Apply a thin line of ICE Resin around the perimeter of the bezel. Apply Crystyler 20 Crystals with the Crystyler by Norma Rapko to the ICE Resin and allow to cure for at least 24 hours.
- Cut one 26″ length of chain. Attach the ends together with a lobster style clasp.
- Onto a head pin, thread one Czech Glass Bead followed by a large Silver Bead and then another Czech Glass Bead. Wire wrap the end to finish off the dangle. Repeat to create a second dangle.
- Onto an eye pin, thread one Czech Glass Bead followed by a large Focal Bead, then a 8mm Crystal Bead, and then another Czech Glass Bead. Wire wrap the end to finish off the dangle. Attach to the center of the chain with a jump ring.
- Add the other two dangles to the side of this larger dangle.
- Attach the bezel to the eyepin dangle with a jump ring.
- Onto an eye pin, thread one Czech Glass Bead followed by a 8mm Crystal Bead and then another Czech Glass Bead. Wire wrap the end to finish off the dangle. Attach to the bottom loop on the bezel.
- Attach a Fleur De Lis charm to the dangle using a jump ring.
One thought on “Tell Your Story – A Crystyler Necklace”