If you haven't gathered that I am Type A yet, then my plan to fool you has worked! Mwahahhaaaa! A couple weeks ago Buzzfeed posted this article that read like a checklist of my brain. I put it in crafty terms because seriously, they nailed it!
28 Ways to Tell If You Are a Type A Crafter:
(psst! I put that title in calming lavender so you won't stress out…)
1. Most of the Time You're Stressed Out About Making Crafts.
And If You Aren't Making Crafts, You're Stressed Out.
2. Basically you only have one mode for everything you craft: URGENT
3. Being Late for ANYTHING is NOT an option.
I'd rather not go to the crop than show up late!
4. The speed between your phone buzzing and you re-pinning can only be described as superhuman.
5. Until your craft project is completed, you will be an utter nervous wreck!
OMG Becky, did she just look at my craft project with the stink eye?!
6. When people tell you to “calm down” or “just relax”, it drives you INSANE.
7. And when you do try to craft, you can't even do it in a relaxed manner. Craft hard, baby!
Talk fast and craft faster, I say! Get this stuff DONE!
8. Weekends aren't for relaxing; they're just an opportunity to MAKE MORE crafts, like scrapbooking.
Um, yeah?! That's why National Scrapbook Day turned into a whole weekend.
9. And shopping for craft supplies is nearly impossible, because not only are you too focused on which shade of fuchsia matches your paper, NO supply can meet your lofty standards.
On top of that, the store you buy the supplies at must meet your standards. Hey, I'm picky about who I give my money to as well! LOL
10. You have to keep your Pinterest board ORGANIZED and cannot stand to have any unread notifications.
11. And this is your nightmare:
Because you should have to get a license before you can make crafts and post them online. “Crafts” like this:
12. Waiting in line at Michael's is actually the most frustrating thing in the world.
13. Actually, just the thought of wasting even one seed bead drives you INSANE.
So yes, you will pick beads out of carpet!
14. Craft Success isn't everything to you; it's the ONLY thing.
Shoot, even failures are an opportunity for success – just make a whole website based on your fails! Shazzam! SUCCESS. Namaste.
15. Which complicates matters, because for you, every craft is a COMPETITION.
I am the Iron Scrapper! Damn right, I won that shizz….
16. You live and die by your to-make-for-a-gift list.
And guess, what, this is a printable that you can pin as well. Did you just DIE with glee right now? I know I did…
17. Sometimes you will even write your lists on a handmade chalk board on your fridge. Why? It's PRACTICAL.
18. Also, of course your calendar is ALWAYS full.
19. Color-coding? Yeah, that's bascially second nature to you.
20. You can't just multi-task when crafting; you have to MULTImultitask.
21. You ALWAYS have to be in charge of the swap.
22. It drives you INSANE when people are die-cutting too slow in front of you at the craft store die cut center.
23. Actually, you're pretty pissed no one else can operate at the same pace as you. Ugh, preschool crafters!
What do you mean you can't tie dye a table cloth in a minute? smh….
24. All-nighters are a way of life for you. Is there any other way to crop?
Yes, I did Survivor Crop. Twice. Because Elena made me do it. I don't know that there was actually much CRAFTING going on but hey, cropping all night? Let's do this thing!
25. You literally don't know how to procrastinate but you ARE an expert at procraftination.
26. Also, your body basically runs on caffeine as fuel.
That's how you have 25 empty coffee cans so you can do this with them:
27. You don't bite off more craft than you can craft. Because you can craft it all.
28. Yeah, being a type A crafter can be a bit stressful at time. JK, literally ALL the time. But it is all worth it, because if life were a craft, you would be WINNING it.
Are you a Type A Crafter too?