In the last few weeks that my family and I have been on the Paleo diet, I have become a pusher, a cult recruiter, a total psycho diet nut!
I have tried all the diets in the past, like I told you in this blog post. I can truly say that wonderful things have happened since we started doing Paleo, such as:
- I don't feel “guilty” or like I am “cheating” if I have an urge to have a muffin or a yummy hot cocoa now and again. I don't crave them as much as before but sometimes, a muffin sounds yummy! Many other diets punish you if you “cheat”.
- I am off most of my medications – no, I am not on psychotropics. I mean gout, fibromyalgia, IBS … those kinds of meds. My body isn't full of CRUD and processed stuff so it is healing itself better.
- I am healing faster — I got a bug bite and it healed in 3 days!! It used to take 4-6 weeks for my body to heal.
- My skin is clearer–it was kinda gross the first few weeks as my body has been cleaing out ALL of its pores but boy, I can see such a huge difference!
- I can think more clearly and quickly. I am back on my game these days and getting soooo much work done.
- GONE are the days of 4-5 hour naps. I am glad to have my time back instead of spending it rolling around in bed, in agony every day.
- Our food bill has gone down about $100 a month!
So with all the “cheating” – why yes, I had tacos today but I do follow the diet regularly for 3-4 days between eating something not on the diet – here's our weight loss since 8-17-13:
- Me – 14 lbs
- Katie – 9 lbs
- X – 11 lbs
- Matthew – I don't know because he wont sit still but he has so much more stamina at his soccer games now and his face has slimmed a bit.
I don't have photos. But my pants fit better, my arms feel smaller, and I am enjoying less time taking naps and being on the toilet due to IBS. Yeah, I told you these diets posts were gonna get REAL. So, if you want to get healthy, because that is what all of this was about, check out some paleo diet websites and this blog post we did about the beginning of our journey. We're still having an empty pantry and a fridge full of fruit, veggies, meat, and cheese. We're sticking to it. I can't wait to see where we will be in 2, 3 , 12, and 18 months!!! Maybe a little of this action:
Eh, one can dream right?! Maybe I won't get as thin as I was in the Army but I'd be happy to just get healthy like I was then!
Thanks for stopping by!