In the last few weeks that my family and I have been on the Paleo diet, I have become a pusher, a cult recruiter, a total psycho diet nut!
I have tried all the diets in the past, like I told you in this blog post. I can truly say that wonderful things have happened since we started doing Paleo, such as:
- I don't feel “guilty” or like I am “cheating” if I have an urge to have a muffin or a yummy hot cocoa now and again. I don't crave them as much as before but sometimes, a muffin sounds yummy! Many other diets punish you if you “cheat”.
- I am off most of my medications – no, I am not on psychotropics. I mean gout, fibromyalgia, IBS … those kinds of meds. My body isn't full of CRUD and processed stuff so it is healing itself better.
- I am healing faster — I got a bug bite and it healed in 3 days!! It used to take 4-6 weeks for my body to heal.
- My skin is clearer–it was kinda gross the first few weeks as my body has been cleaing out ALL of its pores but boy, I can see such a huge difference!
- I can think more clearly and quickly. I am back on my game these days and getting soooo much work done.
- GONE are the days of 4-5 hour naps. I am glad to have my time back instead of spending it rolling around in bed, in agony every day.
- Our food bill has gone down about $100 a month!
So with all the “cheating” – why yes, I had tacos today but I do follow the diet regularly for 3-4 days between eating something not on the diet – here's our weight loss since 8-17-13:
- Me – 14 lbs
- Katie – 9 lbs
- X – 11 lbs
- Matthew – I don't know because he wont sit still but he has so much more stamina at his soccer games now and his face has slimmed a bit.
I don't have photos. But my pants fit better, my arms feel smaller, and I am enjoying less time taking naps and being on the toilet due to IBS. Yeah, I told you these diets posts were gonna get REAL. So, if you want to get healthy, because that is what all of this was about, check out some paleo diet websites and this blog post we did about the beginning of our journey. We're still having an empty pantry and a fridge full of fruit, veggies, meat, and cheese. We're sticking to it. I can't wait to see where we will be in 2, 3 , 12, and 18 months!!! Maybe a little of this action:
Eh, one can dream right?! Maybe I won't get as thin as I was in the Army but I'd be happy to just get healthy like I was then!
Thanks for stopping by!
3 thoughts on “After One Month, I’m A Paleo Pusher”
That’s wonderful. Keep it up.
Congratulations! I have lost over 50 lbs with Weight Watchers (and have kept if off for over 2 years). I remember my first month and how much better I felt. Gone were the fibromyalgia symptoms! I was able to increase my activity, mostly bike riding (up to 70 miles a day). One week, we rode 355 miles. I could never have done that 50 lbs ago.
After about a month of eating better, I got so many compliments on my skin. Never has anyone complimented my skin before. I didn’t cut out any one food group, but, obviously, to cut the calories, you have to cut down on the junk. I also eat lots more fresh fruits and veggies.
I’m no longer following Weight Watchers, but I do count calories using My Fitness Pal, which is pretty much the same thing. I really haven’t changed my eating habits when changing the way I count calories. The key is to find a plan you can stick with the rest of your life.
Thansk for sharing,. I tried Weight Watchers and it didn’twoprk for me. I think my issue is all the “fake” processed foods and sugar. I can tell a difference in how I feel immediately after eating sugar or somethign processed. It is so weird! Thanks again for sharing and congrats! I hope I could ride a bike agian at some point :) You’ve given me hope!