It’s Christmas Eve and you just realized you forgot to get the stocking stuffers. Acccck!!! Well, there are still places to get some great stocking stuffers for under $1 each. Check out my recommendations for some fast and affordable stocking stuffer options you can get right up until Christmas Eve:
Target $1 Spot – open until 11pm in most cities. Check the Target Store Locator to get the hours of the Target store in your town. Get these Stocking Stuffers:
- $1 Chips Ahoy, Cheezits, Nutter Butter, and Keebler cookies in a cup
- $1 Notepads and stationary items with gold accents
- $1 Sets of mini gel pens
- $1 Stamp + Stamp Pad sets. The stamp pads are total crap BUT the stamps are nice and still a super deal for $1 (get ColorBox stamp pads instead)
- $1 Bagged Candy, like Sixlets
- $1 Gloves and Socks (not in my video but they do have these)
- $1 Underwear – we have gotten these as a gag gift, rolling cash or a gift card in them and puttingthem in the stocking. Our kids are savvy to it now but you could totally do this prank on your kids for a dollar!
Dollar Tree – open until 7pm in most cities. Check their Store Locator to find hours of your local store. Get these Stocking Stuffers:
- $1 Nail Strips (think Jamberry, but not really Jamberry)
- $1 Lindt Lindor Truffles 3 pack bag
- $1 Toy Cars
- $1 Swedish Fish and other boxed and bagged candies
- $1 Danish Cookie Tins
Grocery and Drug Stores – many grocery stores close early on Christmas Eve so you’ll have to check their hours. A drug store might be a better bet, like a local Walgreen’s or CVS.
- Full size candy bars – usually $1 each or 2 for $1.50
- Gum and Mints, usually about $1 at the checkstand
I hope this has helped you avert a Stocking Stuffer crisis this holiday season ;) I know I am ready… you know, since I had to buy all this stuff to make this video and all. Except I did eat that 3 Muskateers bar… On that note, I have some more advice for you – if you do shop early for stocking stuffers, don’t hide them in your desk where they’re easy to access (and eat!).
Keep up with our crafty adventures by subscribing to the Hydrangea Hippo Crafty Newsletter.